How Does My Municipality Become a Bird Town?
The following is required to become a Bird Town:
- A completed Bird Town Application. (See Downloadable Resources below)
- The municipalities agree to work with Audubon to immediately promote their Bird Town status by:
- Publishing the "Welcome to Bird Town" article in next available newsletter
- Creating a Bird Town webpage on the municipal website
- Posting at least five street signs (provided) and one banner (see fee options below)
- Providing Audubon with local press contacts to promote Bird Town Backyard Workshop dates
- Making outreach materials available to the public
- Assign a "captain" or point person to act as liaison between the "town" and Audubon and coordinate promotional opportunities and related events.
- Presence at, and promotion of a Bird Town Festival. This may be a regional festival, a stand-alone municipal festival, or as part of an existing eco-fest or community day
- At least five of the Qualifying Criteria listed on the application.
- Selection of a program fee option
- Important Bird Areas
- Kittatinny Ridge
- Audubon At Home
- East Park Reservoir
- Why Birds Matter
Find Audubon Near You
Enter your zipcode or select your state to find Audubon in your area: