YOU’RE INVITED… Reinventing the Commercial Corridor
Monday, June 27th, 2016 5:00–7:00pm
The Coventry Mall
351 W. Schuylkill Road, Pottstown, PA 19465
An expert landscape planner, site designer, author, and lecturer, Mr. Arendt is the country’s most sought after speaker on the topic of creative development design as a conservation tool. His designs are ‘twice green’ because they succeed both environmentally and economically. The program highlights the benefits of redevelopment and adaptive reuse of aging commercial corridors into multi-use centers for the 21st century to implement smarter, greener, more sustainable development patterns, blending the twin disciplines of Conservation Design and Traditional Neighborhood Design.
Learn how your community can:
• Use its unique historic and natural assets to attract economic opportunities
• Improve landscaping and create green spaces that preserve water quality
• Enhance access for pedestrians and bicyclists
• Improve economic viability and attractiveness
• Manage stormwater to emphasize groundwater infiltration and recharge
• Use native species in landscaping, minimizing water requirements, and capturing the distinctive “spirit of the place.”
Light dinner will be served. Registration is FREE, but required, contact Maureen at 610-353-5587 x312 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the Chester County Planning Commission, North Coventry Township, and the Coventry Mall for hosting the event.
Funding for this workshop is provided by The William Penn Foundation as part of the Delaware River Watershed Initiative, to learn more visit williampennfoundation.org
This workshop is being provided by non-profit partners working together in the Schuylkill Highlands, lead by Natural Lands Trust, with Audubon Pennsylvania, Berks Nature, Green Valleys Watershed Association, French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust, Stroud Water Research Center and The Partnership for the Delaware Estuary.