How Does My Municipality Become a Bird Town?
Find out how your community can benefit by becoming a Bird Town!
The following is required to become a Bird Town:
- A completed Bird Town Application. (See Downloadable Resources below)
- The municipalities agree to work with Audubon to immediately promote their Bird Town status by:
- Publishing the “Welcome to Bird Town” article in next available newsletter
- Creating a Bird Town webpage on the municipal website
- Posting at least five street signs (provided) and one banner (see fee options below)
- Providing Audubon with local press contacts to promote Bird Town Backyard Workshop dates
- Making outreach materials available to the public
- Assign a “captain” or point person to act as liaison between the “town” and Audubon and coordinate promotional opportunities and related events.
- Presence at, and promotion of a Bird Town Festival. This may be a regional festival, a stand-alone municipal festival, or as part of an existing eco-fest or community day
- At least five of the Qualifying Criteria listed on the application.
- Selection of a program fee option
How you can help, right now
Donate to Audubon
Help secure the future for birds at risk from climate change, habitat loss and other threats. Your support will power our science, education, advocacy and on-the-ground conservation efforts.
Become a Monthly Donor
Donating monthly is flexible, easy and convenient and makes you a champion birds can count on, no matter the season.